Although I write down a gratitude list every night I think I want to start sharing some of my thoughts here, in a little more depth (because I have more space).
1. I am eternally grateful for the space I am able to inhabit each day. There was a time when I wanted to hide, shrink down, not exist. I wanted to be invisible. But I have learned over time that taking up space is human right. It is necessary in order to bond with others and with the world and nature all around us.
2. I am grateful for my family. We may not always have the best days together. We may argue or get snippy. But when we laugh, when we play, when we are silly (which far outweigh any not-so-great times), none of the past matters. Because love is filling the room and our hearts.
3. I have learned to become grateful for opportunties. They pop up at the right time (even if it doesn’t seem that way). I have learned to be on the look out for them because they come in all different forms and sometimes with not much more than a whisper.
4. I am grateful for coffee. I said it. I am addicted, and I am not sorry!
5. I am grateful for connection. Recently I have become reacquainted with a few people from the past. One after another these people emerged from the dark and reentered my life. I am having a wonderful time reconnecting. Sometimes you don’t need to make new friends. You simply need to learn more about your old friends and light a new spark in the relationship.
For what are you grateful? I would love to hear some things from your list.